#10288 Strategic Government Program Director, DC, Virginia, ($160K-$170K)
The location for this role is east coast US, with strong preference for Washington, DC Metro Area.
We are seeking a driven, results-oriented, independent-thinking individual who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced, challenging, government-facing sales environment. In this position you will be responsible for identifying, shaping and capturing "disruptive" new business opportunities between the US Government and Mentors leading edge Electronic Design Automation products.
The Strategic Government Programs, Dir works in a business development role, coordinating between the various US Government entries and their eco-system; including DARPA, prime contractors and academia, to bring new technologies to US Government market. An in-depth working knowledge and understanding of government program operation and funding is paramount. In this position you will work closely with Sales Executives and Sr. Manager(s) to develop multi-level business plans for the growth and development of our future US Government business. The candidate must possess strong sales, communication and program management skills. Travel will be required.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Creating and managing high level business plans
• Coordinating activities, between Sales, Legal, and Product development teams
• Representing the customer’s technical needs, both current and future, to product groups, and representing the corporation’s technical and business positioning to the customer
• Leveraging established industry contacts & relationships
The Strategic Government Programs Director will need to develop and leverage strong customer and industry relationships with key decision makers and understand the business challenges and technical needs and issues across a broad range of platforms, technologies, and government requirements.
• Experience working with DoD Program Managers, Government entities such as DARPA, and other industry partners throughout a complete program life-cycle. Previous direct Government/DoD work experience a plus.
• MSEE/BSEE with 6+ years electronic design, marketing, or engineering experience. 3+ years business development/sales experience.
• In-depth understanding of hardware security issues and supply chain threats to both commercial and government organizations
• A strong understanding of EDA ASIC/FPGA design and verification flows through semiconductor design and fabrication.
• Experience with FAR/DFAR and other government contract engagements
• Demonstrated organization and program management skills
• Ability to collaborate with members of world-wide account team, factory and customer.
• Ability to prioritize and document all activities based on business ROI
• US citizen with security clearance capability
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.